Why Am I Here In A Handbasket has nominated me for the Seven Things About Me award, along with the caveat that I have “the worst job in the world.” Really, it’s more of a “When Good Jobs Go Bad” thing, where what should be, and was, the best job in the world (though toughest) slowly erodes to a Clockwork Orange state at the hands of misguided policymakers, businesspeople and power hungry mean humans. So that’s one thing about me.
I am jealous of the fact that Handbasket writes her stuff in bullet form. I wish I could do that, but I am afraid I would look like a copy cat. And I think she hates cats. So damn it. I can, however, get away with it on the crazy award platform! So here we go.
- I already told you one thing. Did you forget already?
- I have a vague memory of doing the Virginia Reel one time, and liking it very much.
- I learned the Hustle and the Bus Stop in gym class.
- I once drove over a glass bottle on purpose just to see what would happen. It broke. The tire was punctured. Up until that time, I really thought that tires were made of stronger stuff.
- The tire experiment happened in someone else’s car.
- At a talent show, I performed “Rubber Ducky” in Spanish. With my friend. I wore a serape and a sombrero.
- Possibly at the same talent show, I performed “Trouble” (in River City) from The Music Man.
Now I list blogs that I like reading.
- Design the Life You Want to Live She has an awesome tree house and takes great photos and writes funny stuff about them.
- nailsbails.com He is prolific, weird and concise.
- Mike is Happy. Relatively The guy has ideas.
- High School Foodie It’s a youngster who makes things like cafloutis. I didn’t think that was even legal.
- Fortyteen Candles She’s a bit paranoid about self-checkout lines.
- H. E. Ellis The quote, “Lucifer is a card-carrying dickwad” should tell you the caliber of journalism we see here.
I need a breather. Can we do something else? Can we add a song?