Good things awaited me this morning when I woke.
1) It was not 5:30 or earlier. 7:30 is a super Saturday luxury!
2) I received a lovely and complimentary comment from Genevieve at Coloring Outside the Lines . She has nominated me for the dangerously named Most Influential Blogger Award. Thanks for the love, Genevieve! I can call myself an MIB.
As you can imagine, I was pretty pumped, and since it’s been awhile since I did one of the beloved blog-chainers that allow us to give props to a set number of other bloggers I cheerfully accept and comply with the guidelines. The rules are stringent and demanding. Failure to meet the requirements results in mandatory jail time. Except in Canada.
That is completely untrue, and I apologize to anyone I nominate who feels pressured, bothered, or pissed off by the suggestion that the best thing you can come up with today is a handful of responses to arbitrary questions, and a list of links to other people’s worlds. Here’s how to be the MOST Most Influential Blogger:
1. Display the Award on your Blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
3. Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award.
4. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment.
5. Answer each of the 10 questions that your awarder asked, and then write 10 for your awardees (or use the same ones up to you)
1) What is your favorite season?
I like cinnamon.
That’s as close as I can get. I am passionately in love with spring, summer, and fall—and I try passionately to not complain about winter. Until March. So, my favorite season is not March.
2) Who is your favorite singer?
Shut up. Who has a favorite singer? I have about sixty-seven of them. I dig Regina Spektor, Van Morrison, Jane Siberry (pre-Issa), Dylan, Kate Nash, Dave Matthews,
3) What is your favorite kind of music?
Nothing that can be played quietly as background music—I like to LISTEN to it and I like to HEAR the amazingness of what people do to make a song great. Pick a favorite genre? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? Fine. Progressive tuba.
4) Who is your favorite author?
I read a lot of David Sedaris, Anne Lamott, and I am pretty into Louise Erdrich.
5) If you had enough money, what charity would you donate to?
Give it to the Dalai Lama and let him decide what’s best.
6) If you had enough money, what room in your home would you renovate?
First choice: turn the attic into a master bedroom. Second choice: Build an office/media room out of mason jars.
7) What is your favorite television show?
8) Which of these is your most favorite drink: Pepsi – Coke – Ice Tea – Water?
Coke. I drink more water than Coke, but it seems way too raw foodie to say that water is my “most favorite.”
9) Do you own a desktop PC or laptop…or both?
Laptop. Unless you count the dead ones.
10) What would you rather do for relaxation, read a book or watch television?
Yeah, I’m a teacher, but I really like a lot of things on TV.
Now for MY questions!
1) What is your favorite seasoning?
2) Who are your favorite and least favorite child actors?
3) If you had a time machine and could go back in time to make sure that one song was never recorded, what song would it be?
4) What is the best thing about blogging, for you?
5) Food processor or sledge hammer? Why?
6) What is the lamest health and beauty product you have ever purchased? Is it still in your bathroom/makeup bag/hall closet?
7) Where do you stand on the unicorn question? Alternate assignment: make up a unicorn question.
8) How long has it been since you bought a box of 64 Crayola crayons? Alternate assignment: make up another unicorn question.
9) What color was the last can of paint you purchased? Have you painted anything with that paint?
10) Who is your favorite couple/love story? Real, fictional, alive, dead.
Now, for the lucky recipients who get to answer the questions (if they choose not to become fugitives of the law)! The rules say “deserving,” but if this is a nightmare for any of you, I really didn’t mean to imply. . . I would actually love to hear responses to those questions from some of my fave bloggers–but I have bugged them before with this sort of thing, so I am trying to spread the obligation feeling around. Answer the questions with no strings attached! Do it!
But not you guys:
http://coachdaddyblog.wordpress.com/ It’s funny, and dadulous, and sporty.
http://tattooteacher.wordpress.com/ Teacher friendly.
http://lameadventures.com/ This chick owns a spinning bike! So, yes, it’s a fitness blog. Except it’s not.
http://pemberley.us/katie/ Always in the virtual bleachers to cheer me on!
http://nudgewinkreport.wordpress.com/2013/11/23/all-the-good-ones-are-taken/ Just some funny writing here.
http://theverybesttop10.com/ Because every day needs a top ten of something.
http://mrstonnessen.wordpress.com/ Another teacher who remembers Schoolhouse Rock.